Here’s our Review of ‘Bharat’ starring – Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sunil Grover, Jackie Shroff, and Sonali Kulkarni in the lead.
Starcast – Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sunil Grover, Jackie Shroff, and Sonali Kulkarni.
Directed by – Ali Abbas Zafar
Runtime – 2 Hours 35 minutes
The story in short – The movie is about a 70-year-old man Bharat (Salman Khan), who takes us through an incredible journey of his colorful life and that of the country he is named after – Bharat aka India. From 1947 to 2010, we meet a bunch of characters – from his childhood best friend Vilayati (Sunil Grover), his father (Jackie Shroff), his mother (Sonali Kulkarni) to the love of his life – Madam Sir aka Kumud (Katrina Kaif) and many more.
Salman Khan – It is a Salman Khan show all the way. He has done justice to the titular character. From being a 20-year-old up until in his 50s, Salman has excelled. However, his performance as a 70-year-old is uneven and hard to digest.
Sunil Grover – Sunil Grover to be very frank is the show stealer of the film, he has performed extremely well, right from comedy to emotional scenes, and he’s just perfect.
Katrina Kaif – Katrina Kaif as Madam Sir has delivered a decent performance. She is a natural in the film but her Hindi dialect is still poor, her chemistry with Salman Khan works though.
Supporting Starcast – Jackie Shroff is hardly there but he has a significant part to essay and does fine.
Disha Patani is sizzling and one wishes she had a lengthier role.
Satish Kaushik is the funniest actor in the film.
Sonali Kulkarni, Brijendra Kala, Aasif Shaikh, and Rajiv Gupta leave a mark which is worth appreciating.
Nora Fatehi is wasted.
Tabu is too good in a cameo.
What’s Good –
– The cinematography by Marcin Laskawiec is beautiful
– Despite its 2.5 hours runtime, it doesn’t bore you
– Ali Abbas Zafar’s direction is clap-worthy! He has directed all the emotional scenes quite tactfully and those scenes are bound to hit you.
What’s Disappointing –
– Unnecessary Humour and patriotism are forced.
– The whole sequence on the ship is funny but inconsequential. And the less I say about the whole circus bit is better.
– Except for (Slow Motion) rest, all the songs are boring and distracts you from the main storyline.
– Salman hallucinates most of the time
– Length of the movie can definitely be shorter/trimmed as there are many unnecessary scenes.
Final Verdict – Overall, Ali Abbas Zafar’s Bharat takes you on an emotional ride and leaves you with a smile on your face. It has a perfect mix of Romance, Comedy, Drama, and Action and above all emotional. A Good One Time Watch for regular viewers and repeat for all the Bhai Fans.
Our Ratings – ⭐⭐⭐ ( 3/ 5)